Peridot is one of Virgo birthstones.
If your sign is Virgo, handmade Peridot jewelry is a beautiful gift for you.
1 strand peridot polished ovals
35 (4mm) faceted AB blue green Czech glass ovals
48 (2mm) faceted AB light green Czech glass ovals
188 (11/0) aqua matte-finish Czech seed beads
66 (11/0) green Czech seed beads
66 (11/0) lime green Czech seed beads
66 (11/0) light green Czech seed beads
1 spiral silver-tone metal bead
4 (1.3mm) sterling silver crimp tubes
2 sterling silver bead tips
3 sterling silver jump rings
1 (22-gauge) sterling silver head pin
1 (3-strand) large silver rectangular clasp
20 inches .013-inch-diameter 49-strand nylon-coated flexible beading wire
20 inches .018-inch-diameter 19-strand nylon-coated flexible beading wire
.024-inch-diameter turquoise silk bead cord
2 inches silver extension chain
Beading board (optional)
FINISHED SIZE – 17 inches with 3-inch extender
1) Slide a crimp tube 1/2 inch front one end of 49-strand wire. Thread wire end through top hole in one half of clasp; thread wire end back through crimp tube. Gently squeeze crimp tube and fold in half with crimp pliers.
2) String on a 2mm Czech glass oval and four aqua matte-finish seed beads. Repeat sequence for 14 1/2 inches; end with a 2mm light green oval.
3) Slide wire end through a crimp tube and through top hole on remaining halfof clasp. Thread wire end back through crimp tube. Gently squeeze crimp tube and fold in half. Trim excess wire.
4) Repeat step 1 to attach the 19-strand piece of wire to the middle hole in clasp.
5) String on a 4mm Czech glass oval, two green seed beads, two lime green seed beads-, two light green seed beads, a 4mm Czech glass oval, two light green seed beads, two lime green seed beads, two green seed and a 4mm Czech glass oval. Repeat this pattern approximately 16 inches, ending with a Czech glass oval.
6) Repeat step 3 to attach wire end to middle hole in remaining half of clasp
7) Knot one end of bead cord into a bead tip; secure knot with jewelers cement. Begin stringing on
glass peridot ovals, using knotting tool to double knot between each oval.
Note: Since this strand is being computed first before attaching to clasp, continually compare strand to completed strands to determine finished length. A bearding board can be used to aid in this step. String on a 2mm Czech glass oval, a silver spiral bead and a 2mm Czech glass oval on right side of strand as desired.
8) Once strand is finished, tie a knot into the second bead tip and secure with jeweler’s cement.
9) Attach bead tips to each side of clasp with jump rings.
10) Slide a 4mm faceted oval onto a head pin; use round-nose pliers to form a wrapped head pin loop, attaching loop to one end of extension chain before wrapping. Use a jump ring to attach other end of extension chain to one end of clasp.