FINISHED SIZE – 19 inches with 3-inch droplet
48 (6mm) garnet ovals
6 (5mm) faceted garnet beads
25 (3mm) garnet teardrop beads
Garnet saucer bead
8 pink potato pearls
2 small faceted silver beads
20 small silver spacers
9 large silver spacers
2 large Bali beads
Silver crimp beads
Silver toggle clasp
27 inches .015-inch-diameter beading wire
Silver head pin
1) String a crimp bead Vi inch from one end of beading wire; thread wire end through one half of toggle clasp and back through crimp bead. Gently squeeze crimp bead with crimp pliers.
2) String on a faceted silver bead and a faceted garnet. String on the following sequence: three garnet ovals, a small silver spacer, a potato pearl, a small silver spacer, three garnet ovals and a large silver spacer. Repeat sequence three additional times. String on a faceted garnet.
3) To form droplet, continue to string on one large silver spacer, eight teardrop beads, a small silver spacer, a faceted garnet, a small silver spacer, eight teardrop beads, a small silver spacer, a faceted garnet, a small silver spacer, eight teardrop beads, a Bali bead and a teardrop bead Beginning with the Bali bead, thread wire back through beads in this sequence.
4) Repeat step 2 in reverse, for remaining half of necklace.
5) String on a crimp bead and remaining half of clasp; thread wire end back through crimp bead. Gently squeeze crimp bead; trim excess wire.
6) Slide garnet saucer bead and a Bali bead onto a head pin; use round-nose pliers to form a wrapped head pin loop at top, attaching loop to one end of clasp before wrapping.